There’s always so much fun to be had in the summer, with outdoor activities, sports, and vacations calling to people of all ages. These summer safety tips will help you stay healthy and safe while you enjoy the season.
Share the Road
Whether you’re driving or riding your bike on the street, it’s important to stay aware of your surroundings. As a bicyclist, be sure to wear a helmet, and to know what vehicles are nearby. As a driver, be conscious not just of cyclists but of any pedestrians out enjoying the weather.
Practice Safety in the Sun
Hydration is especially important when you’re planning to spend time out in the hot sun. Be sure to drink water ahead of an outing and bring plenty of water with you when you go on hikes or other outdoor activities. Protect yourself from the sun’s ultraviolet rays by applying sunscreen evenly, reapplying as often as is directed on the bottle.
Practice Water Safety
Make sure that you are always adhering to proper safety protocol when out for a day at the pool. Children should always be under adult supervision, and younger children or those who cannot swim well enough on their own should always use flotation devices. When swimming in nature, like in the ocean or lakes, use strict judgement to determine what’s safe and always err on the side of caution.
When it comes to summer fun, safe is better than sorry. Always use your best judgement and head home happy and healthy after a day of fun and sun. If you need a capable vehicle to get you there, be sure to stop by Friendly Ford.
- Please tell us a little bit of background information about yourself – some of your previous jobs, how you got into your Service Manager position at Friendly Ford.
Being part of the family business, I started sweeping floors and washing cars at Friendly Ford at a young age. After high school I attended UTI and became a Diesel Technician. After 9 years I was promoted to Service Manager.
- Have you always lived in the Roselle area?
I have never actually lived in Roselle. I grew up in St. Charles and am currently living in Maple Park.
- What are your current job responsibilities as Service Manager? What is a typical day like for you?
Part of what I love about my job is that there is no such thing as a typical day- everyday day is something different. My main responsibilities are to make sure that the Service Department runs smoothly.
- What are your goals and what do you hope to accomplish at Friendly Ford as you move forward?
Eventually I would like to move up to General Manager!
- What do you like most about your job and what makes you passionate about your line of work?
Because I grew up in the automotive business, I am very passionate about my job. I enjoy getting to talk to and help people on a daily basis.
- What would you consider to be your dream car?
I am a big fan of antique muscle cars and trucks. I don’t think I have a dream car, because I like them all!!
- What are some of your hobbies outside of work?
In summer time I enjoy going boating and fishing. In winter time I enjoy going to northern Wisconsin to go snowmobiling.
- What are some fun or interesting facts about yourself?
My wife, daughter and I are currently building a farm where we will raise cattle. And my wife will have a mini petting zoo!
- If someone made a movie about your life, who would you want to play you and why?
Probably “The Rock” because some people say we look alike!