April came and went with the blink of eye, and with it, so did National Car Care Month. This month just serves as a reminder of how important it is to keep your car in good health so that you not only extend the life of your vehicle but save yourself money in repair costs. Here are 8 simple and inexpensive ways to keep your car looking and running as good as new.
- Check and change your oil. This one is a biggie, nothing hurts an engine more than having old, dirty oil.
- Make sure to keep all your moving parts nice and greasy so that they run together smooth and efficiently.
- Get a coolant flush at least one time a year. To prevent corrosion, the mix between coolant and distilled water should be 50/50.
- Replace your break fluids at least once a year to also prevent corrosion, due to the build-up of moisture.
- Change out transmission and different oils. These should be changed according to service intervals.
- Wash your car frequently so the winter salt and other grime from the roads don’t eat away at the exterior.
- Use a protective wax coating to keep your paint shiny and protected.
- When possible, try parking in the shade instead of the sun. Also, apply protective coating to the vinyl and plastic of the interior to keep it looking shiny and new.
If you keep your car happy and healthy in the early years, it will return the favor in the later years by living a long life. Friendly Ford offers great service specials so stop in today and give us a try. You and your car will both be glad you did.