- Please tell us a little bit of background information: some of your previous jobs, and how you got into your Product Specialist position at Friendly Ford?
I bartended for a few years and met a guy named Jim Orlando, who happened to be a vendor for Friendly Ford. He got me an interview with Jeff Conn, the GM at Friendly. Needless to say Jeff and I hit it off and I have been here for the past 8 years.
- Have you always lived in the Roselle area?
No, I have never lived in Roselle, but it is a great little town and I love being a part of the community here!
- What are your current job responsibilities as a Product Specialist? What is a typical day like for you?
A typical day in my shoes is to call people that are interested in purchasing a vehicle, touch base with past customers to make sure that they are happy and see if they need anything else from me. I like to constantly check our inventory and see what new vehicles came in and try to find them a new home! I also Talk to customers that are here and see if I can help them at all. It all sounds pretty easy I am sure, but trust me it is quite the opposite!
- What are your goals and what do you hope to accomplish at Friendly Ford as you move forward?
My immediate goals are to make as many deals I can. I would like to eventually get out of the actual selling position and climb the ladder.
- What do you like most about your job and what makes you passionate about your line of work?
The thing I like most about my job is that I work with some great people. We truly are a family here and that is not something that is easy to find! I understand that buying a car is a huge investment and I like to really get to know my customers and find them the perfect fit! When I can get someone into a car that they love, that makes my whole day!
- What would you consider to be your dream car?
My dream car is an Aston Martin DB11!! Ever since I saw James Bond I have been obsessed with Aston Martins!! If you have one bring it by and let me take a look!!
- What are some of your hobbies outside of work?
I enjoy golfing, going to as many sporting events as I can, spending time with my family and friends. I really enjoy just hanging out, trying new restaurants, relaxing and having a few drinks with my wife!
- What are some fun or interesting facts about yourself?
I am a HUGE Chicago sports fan.. Well except for that team over on the North Side!!
- If someone made a movie about your life, who would you want to play you and why?
Jeremy Renner! If you haven’t seen any of his movies you need to. Obviously I don’t personally know him, but what I know of him he seems like a great well rounded man. One of my favorite quotes by him is, “I live my life through fear. If I’m afraid of it I’ll do it just so I’m not afraid of it anymore.” That always has stuck with me that you can’t live life full of fear. If something scares you all the more reason to do it!